Taking the Edge off...



So, if you have ever tried to lose weight and wonder why its so hard...
Chances are you are either not exercising enough or eating too much.
I know you are thinking 'Well, obviously'. But let me continue...
If you look at for ex. a 1300 calorie a day meal plan it really isnt much food.
So, you might be thinking you dont eat a lot .. but chances are you are
eating just a bit too much to be losing anything. You might be eating
to the point of just maintaining your weight ... not gaining and not losing. 
You can google 1300 calorie meal plans etc but basically the point is
to eat lots of fresh veggies, brown rice, some fish and that sort of thing. 
Im trying to do this at the moment. 
You have probably heard a million times that people say it better to eat
many small meals during your day rather than 2-3 big ones. 
I finally see what they mean.
For example today I had a green smoothie for breakfast - meaning
you put leafy greens of your choice with fruit in a blender. 
Then I put some large strawberries in a bag and brought them to work.
I ate them around 10:30. I also really love red, orange and yellow peppers
cut up into sticks for a snack. Fruit tends to make me hungry faster
so Im gonna explore other snack options. 
But, when lunch comes Im not starving for food.
I noticed that when Im to the point of being super hungry - I always
reach for the more tasty, less healthy options - and more of it. 

Having a mid morning snack 'takes the edge off' and makes 
me choose healthier options. Without hunger pangs I can
think more clearly and logically and I dont crave naughty things as much.
Later around 3 pm I have another small, healthy snack such as whole grain
crackers with hummus or something. So, this takes the edge off before dinner.

People tend to eat their most heavy meal in the evening.
What do you do when you go home or to a restaurant ?
Usually nothing ! Especially if you are home - most people eat a
large dinner & then sit and watch T.V or go on their computers until bedtime. 
At least at work or school you are moving around a bit. 
Therefore, the snack makes you eat less dinner.
Also - try to eat dinner as early as possible.
I know its a cultural and traditional thing to eat around 7ish but 
the earlier the better.
This way your body has time to digest your dinner and its less likely
that you will gain weight.  Think about it this way - Sumo Wrestlers get big 
fast because they eat & sleep right after eating. So, yeah ! 
Smaller meals throughout the day and eating dinner early
is what Im trying to do lately. Oh - and going to the gym at least 3 
times a week for an hour  + each time : )