You've Got a Friend in Me



Going to the movies tonight- to see TOY STORY 3!!!! :-D Woo!! A couple of days ago, a reader (Anonymous) requested that I have a go at Toy Story nails, and I figured today would be a perfect day to do them!! I did one of my favorite characters (the alien(s)), but I couldn't do my other favorite (the Dinosaur- I want the toy that goes RAARRRRRRRRR! when you push the button soooo bad! It seriously makes me laugh so hard) Anyway, I did the logo, Mr Potato Head, the martian dude, Buzz and the bottom of Woody's boot where Andy wrote his name.

Also- I went out to lunch with some of my girls today, we're all from Michigan originally, and we went to Detroit Motor City Coney here in Vegas, they had Faygo, Vernor's, Made Rite Chips, and Detroit style Coney dogs!!! If you live in Vegas, I highly recommend a visit- it's like being home, and they even list 'POP' on the menu instead of the dreaded 'SODA' word. ;) (you midwest folk will understand what I'm talkin' about)


I used:

Thumb: Logo
OPI What's With the Cattitude? as a base, with Sally Hansen Professional Lavender Cloud for the clouds and as a base for the logo. For the yellow of the lettering, I used American Apparel Manila for the dark blue outline, I used Pure Ice French Kiss and for the red, I used China Glaze Salsa.

Index: Mr. Potato Head

OPI Ginger Bells as a base, with a mixture of CND Electric Orange and American Apparel Manila for the nose, highlighted with a mixture ofCND Electric Orange and Sally Hansen Professional Lavender Cloud. For the eyes, I used Sally Hansen Professional Lavender Cloud and OPI Ginger Bells for the eyelids, shaded with American Apparel Hassid. I also used American Apparel Hassid for the pupils of the eyes, the eyebrows, and the mustache. For the mouth I used China Glaze Salsa.

Middle: Alien/Martian

I used OPI Who the Shrek Are You? as a base, with Sally Hansen Professional Lavender Cloud for the eyes, shaded with a mixture of Sally Hansen Professional Lavender Cloud and American Apparel Hassid, with American Apparel Hassid also used for the pupil. For the shading around the eye, I used a mix of OPI Who the Shrek Are You? and Pure Ice French Kiss. For the shading on the mouth, I used a mix of OPI Who the Shrek Are You? and American Apparel Hassid, I also used American Apparel Hassid for the mouth opening. I used a mix of OPI Who the Shrek Are You? and Sally Hansen Professional Lavender Cloud for the highlight on the mouth, and then used American Apparel Malibu Green for the background, with ALDO Got Grapes? for the collar.

Ring: Buzz Lightyear

MAC Abalone Shell as a base, with Sally Hansen Professional Lavender Cloud for the eyes and mouth, mixed with Pure Ice French Kiss for the irises of the eye. For the shading on the face, I used a mixture of MAC Abalone Shell, American Apparel Hassid, and Zoya Dea. I also used Zoya Dea for the eyebrows. For the cheeks, I used a mixture of MAC Abalone Shell and Salsa, and on the far right of the nail, I used ALDO Got Grapes? for the purple head thing he wears.

Pinky: Woody's boot

Zoya Dea as a base, with one coat of OPI Ginger Bells over it. For the writing, I used a mix of Zoya Dea and American Apparel Hassid.

Topped everything off with 2 coats of Seche Vite top coat

Also, my eyeballs today. (All MAC) Blue Peep as a base, with Mutiny pigment, Tempting e/s in the crease, and Ostentatious to line, with Teddy on the wasterline.