I Feel so 'Hallow' Inside



Yes, I am one of those dorks that waits in line for the midnight showings of the Harry Potter movies... and books. :-D In fact, tonight we're going to go get in line at 9 pm!! I'm soooo excited. I even screen printed t-shirts!! On the front, they have a drawing of Harry's infamous round spectacles, and on the back, it says 'In Memoriam' with a list of all the good guys that were killed over the course of the books, I even included Richard Harris, the original Dumbledore, who died after making the second movie. (he counts!) Under the list, there is a skull and crossed wands, for which I used Voldemort's wand, and Harry's wand to make the 'crossbones'. I'm so beyond excited for tonight's showing, and hope that it's better and truer to the book than the last one.

I have had a Harry Potter manicure on the list since the very beginning of the blog, but couldn't bring myself to do it until now- when the movie is a mere 4.5 hours away!! I did the HP logo on the thumb, the icon of the Deathly Hallows on the index finger, the golden snitch is flying across my middle finger, and the ring and pinky feature Harry's hand and Quidditch robe sleeve reaching to catch it! (yes, I know that Harry doesn't play Quidditch in the last book/movie, but I felt that it was important over the course of the books, so I added it!)

Don't forget to check out my blog sale! :)


I used American Apparel Hassid as a base, with China Glaze 2030 from Khrome Collection for the HP logo, the Deathly Hallows icon, and golden snitch. For the hand, I used American Apparel California Trooper as a base, with a mixture of American Apparel Palm Springs and Zoya Alluria for the flesh tone, shaded with the flesh mixture mixed with MAC Rich, Dark, Delicious, and highlighted with the flesh mixture mixed with American Apparel Cotton. For the robe, I used a mix of Nubar Sexy Red mixed with MAC Rich, Dark, Delicious, then American Apparel Manila for the stripes. Topped everything off with 2 coats of Seche Vite top coat.

The shirts:




Finite incantatem!