Right on Target!



Midnight in Las Vegas, 27°F, a long-sleeved t-shirt, hoodie, zippered fleece jacket, ankle-length 'bag lady' plaid jacket, hand-crocheted slouchy hat, skull scarf, borrowed magic stretch gloves, shearling lined suede VANS, knee socks, jeans, double layered blanket. Yep, that was me...outside of TARGET. I'm one of the crazies that LOVES Black Friday. LOVE it. By nature I'm a deal hunter, and rarely pay full price for anything, but Black Friday is the high holy day of shoppers... myself included. Four of us went together, my roommate, Maris, two friends, Dallas and Greta, and of course, me. We had our divide and conquer plan all figured out... Dallas is the tallest and strongest, her job was to get the 40" HD 1080P flatscreen for $298. (she did) Greta and I were to go to Electronics and get the camera, hard drive, digital picture keychains, iTunes Gift Cards, and video games. (we did) Maris was to get the DVDs, housewares, etc. (she did). We left poor and happy, and saved over $1,000 between us. We also were approached to be on the local news, which was doing live coverage of the crazies like us. (Was anyone awake at 6:30 am to see it? <---Channel 13, Las Vegas.

 Anyway, since Target was the main stop of our shopping morning (yes, we went to the mall after that!!), I decided to do Black Friday Target nails! :)


 I used Nubar Sexy Red as a base for the red nails, American Apparel Hassid for the ring finger, and Sally Hansen Professional Lavender Cloud for the white. Topped it all off with 2 coats of Seche Vite top coat.

What deals did YOU get?

Also, sorry for the 2-day hiatus... I was preparing a HUGE Thanksgiving day dinner for 8 people!

This was a difficult Thanksgiving for me, it was the first Thanksgiving that I haven't spent with my family in my 29 years. Because of this, I decided to host a Thanksgiving for my 'orphan' (because of distance) friends that live out here that are also from Michigan...

I brined my turkey for the first time ever and it was incredible. It looked like Martha Stewart herself made it, and I've never tasted white meat that was so juicy! I made pumpkin pie and muffins from scratch (read: actual pumpkins, no canned here!!), mashed potatoes, sausage stuffing, I baked rolls, made homemade vanilla bean ice cream, corn, broccoli, cranberry sauce, and a ton of other stuff. It was amazing, AMAZING. lol I love Thanksgiving SO much!!  I hope that your Thanksgiving was incredible!! :)