Patchwork mani Tutorial....


I posted this on MUA back on October 20th, here is the original post
http://www.makeupalley.com/m_116721515

So I figured I should post it here, and hope it helps you guys :) I will only show the 4 nails, that you see in the pic, but you get  the idea.

This time I started with a hot pink. Orly Purple Crush




I then put on a coat of SV, and let that dry.
Then I taped off my pinky, like so.
****Please remember to stick the tape to your palm before you place it on your nails. This removes some of the stickiness, and prevents the tape from pulling up your base polish. Sometimes you may need to stick it a few times. ****


Grabbed my 2nd color, black, and painted the non-taped section


Then pulled off the tape, and ta da


Next was my ring finger. I taped that off (still using the same piece of tape)


Painted the black



and pulled off



Middle finger


Painted it black


(forgot to take a pic when the tape got pulled off :(  )

Pointer finger



Painted it black (didn't get a pic again) and pulled it off


Then, when you're done all the nails, top them all off with SV and let it dry

Then go back to your pinky, and using 2 pieces of tape, tape it off



Painted on BFF



Then pulled the tape off



Ring finger


Middle finger


Pointer finger



I didn't get pics of the BFF being painted on the rest, because I figured you had the idea by then. but when your done............you get this!






















Hope this helps!!!

Oh and if you notice the final step in painting the BFF on my ring finger, I had the tape in the wrong place, but I fixed it, and didn't get a pic.