Thoughts On: Fall Matte Trend


There is a huge trend coming through nail polish right now; every company that makes polish seems to be making their own matte nail polishes including Zoya, Nubar, OPI, Essie, and many others. These companies seem to be approaching the trend from two directions, either matte colors like Zoya and OPI, or a mattifying top coat like Nubar and Essie.

The matte polishes themselves from reviews that I have read are hard to work with. As someone who sucks at applying nail polish; these aren't for me. They show every mistake you make, and with many of them you can't use a base coat, drying products, or hand lotion with them. They also chip easily.

The matte top coat seems like a better way to go. You can turn any nail polish into a matte nail polish, so you don't have buy ten matte polishes, only one top coat! This way seems far more cost effective, and it would be easier to work with. You can also use a base coat, and the Essie matte top coat claims that you can use hand lotion with it.

All in all I like the idea of the matte trend, I think that it is a fun way to wear nail polish. Although I am a big OPI person; I will be getting the Essie Matte About You Top Coat to turn my existing polishes into a matte finish. This is my choice, and I am not telling anybody to go buy a certain product or to even particpate in the trend. What do you all think of the matte trend? Are you going to rock it?