Christmas Around the Whirled



Day 64

So I must say, I am completely overwhelmed by the huge response that the contest has gotten- I didn't expect all the super-sweet compliments about the blog, etc!! I'm so glad that I have such awesome readers!!! I'll be posting comments on there to respond to people who've asked questions, or a few in response to certain comments, so keep an eye out in a little bit!! :)

Today's nails are inspired by a design sent to me by the lovely Jillian N. who is amazingly photogenic. ;) (she'll know what I'm talkin' about) She sent me a picture of her awesome red and white marbling design that she did for Christmas, so I decided to try them myself, but added green into the mixture. BTW, China Glaze Emerald Sparkle, while incredibly gorgeous, is VERY VERY hard to marble. It kept breaking apart into chunks. (you can sort of see what I'm talking abut on the right index finger) *argh!* It took 3 attempts at the nails to get this result, which I finally gave up and accepted, since it was 12:48 a.m., and I needed to wake up in 5.5 hrs. Plus I was in the middle of making raspberry chocolate chunk brownies for the office holiday party today!! :-P mmmm But anyway, sorry its not perfect, but what can ya do, you know?

Also, reader Sami expressed interest in seeing a before cleaning and after cleaning pictures from marbling, after her marbling attempt came to a messy end (which, I assured her, is normal :-P) So here you go! :)

Before cleaning:



After:

Left:




Right:




I used China Glaze White on White as a base, with Pure Ice 611 Platinum over top, then marbled with Pure Ice 611 Platinum, China Glaze Emerald Sparkle, and Zoya Isla. I had to add in the Pure Ice 611 Platinum with the colors, otherwise I kept getting a black/brown color. Like I said, this combination was frustrating. I love Emerald Sparkle, but I have a reaaaaally hard time cleaning it off my fingers and cuticles. Topped everything off with 2 coats of the amazing and glassy Seche Vite top coat!!

9 more days until Christmas!!