Neon Horror


I received 2 bottles of China Glaze from their 2008 collection Ink from a swap and I was excited to swatch! :) And when I got home to swatch them........ THE HORROR!

Pink Voltage
highlighter neon pink. The swatch is 4 coats (index and middle) and 5 coats (ring and pinky) with no top coat and yet my nail line is still visible! :( I really like the color though! The swatch looks better with flash, but I wish that was how it looked in real life.

Celtic Sun
highlighter neon yellow. Swatching this on my 'not so' bare nails (I have base coat under) makes my nails look toxic and sickly =X. The white tips of my nails are clearly visible. I'm so surprised and 'UUUUUGGGHHH' at it.

Does this happen to anyone or is it just me? Are you supposed to put a nude base underneath so that it balances out my nail color? I love the colors but I don't think I'd use it unless this problem is solved! :'(

<3katherine