I Know You Are, But What am I?!


Any kid that grew up in the 80s knows (and probably loves) Pee Wee Herman. From his adventures under the Big Top to his dancing on bar tops, Pee Wee has been a cultural icon for as long as I can remember! I remember watching his show all the time when I was a kid, and I remember watching his movies at the babysitter when I was younger. To this day, I still can't hear the Champs' "Tequila" without mentally doing 'the' dance that Pee wee is so well known for. Today's design suggestion was from my friend Kristin when we talking last night at bowling. :-D Speaking of bowling, that is why my right hand thumbnail is so short. It kept breaking at bowling, and I didn't really want to cut all my nails to nubs for the entire length of league, so I just kept that one short. Today's manicure includes Clocky, Chairry, Penny, Pee Wee, one of the flowers, Globey, an ant from the ant farm, Magic Screen, Jambi, and Mr. Window. :)

Today's secret word is.....NAILS! You all remember what to do whenever anybody says the secret word right?!




I used

Left thumb: Clocky

http://images.broadwayworld.com/upload2/98206/tn-500_pee4.jpeg as a base, with American Apparel Manila for the yellow, Nubar Sexy Red for the red grid, Sally Hansen Professional Lavender Cloud for the eyes and mouth, and American Apparel Hassid to shade, outline, and for the clock hands.

Left Index: Chairry

OPI What's With the Cattitude? as a base, then mixed with Orly Snowcone to shade for the arms, etc. For the mouth, I used A Beautiful Life Poison, and Sally Hansen Professional Lavender Cloud for the teeth, as well as the eyes. For the eyelashes and pupils, I used American Apparel Hassid.

Left Middle: Penny

OPI What's With the Cattitude? as a base, with American Apparel Summer Peach for her face and neck, then mixed with American Apparel Rose Bowl and Essie Mink Muffs to shade, American Apparel Manila for the hair, then mixed with American Apparel Hassid to shade the hair. For the hair ties, I used Nubar Sexy Red, For the eyes, I used China Glaze Poetic, American Apparel Hassid for the pupils and smile, then Nubar Forest with Sally Hansen Professional Lavender Cloud for the collar.

Left Ring: Pee Wee's iconic suit

Sally Hansen Professional Lavender Cloud as a base, with Orly Mirror, Mirror for the suit, then American Apparel Factory Grey to outline the suit lapels, and also mixed with Sally Hansen Professional Lavender Cloud for the buttons. For the bowtie, I used Nubar Sexy Red with A Beautiful Life Poison to shade.

Left Pinky: Flower

OPI What's With the Cattitude? as a base, with American Apparel Manila for the petals, then mixed with Sally Hansen Professional Lavender Cloud for the center of the flower. For the smile, I used Essie Foot Loose, then Sally Hansen Professional Lavender Cloud for the eys, with American Apparel Hassid for the centers. For the stem, I used Nubar Forest.


Right Thumb: Globey

Orly Snowcone as a base, then mixed with Nox Twilight Talon for the shading on the nose and chin. For the lattitude/longitude lines, I used American Apparel Hassid, for the eyebrows, I used Nubar Forest, and for the eyes, I used Sally Hansen Professional Lavender Cloud, with American Apparel Hassid for the centers.

Right Index: Ant from the Ant Farm

CND Electric Orange as a base, with American Apparel Hassid for the ant and music notes.

Right Middle: Magic Screen

American Apparel Esprit as a base, with Nubar Forest, L.A. Girl Army Green, and Pure Ice Wild Thing for the screen, Sally Hansen Professional Lavender Cloud for the mouth and eyes, and American Apparel Hassid for the knobs and eye pupils.

Right Ring: Jambi

American Apparel Hassid as a base, then mixed with Orly Gumdrop for the 'mist' behind Jambi's head. Orly Gumdropfor Jambi's skin, shaded with China Glaze Flyin' High, American Apparel Hassid to outline the eyes and for the eybrows. For the eyeshadow, I used American Apparel Esprit mixed with Barielle Grape Escape. For the turban, I used A Beautiful Life Poison, with China Glaze 2030 from Khrome Collection for the trim.

Right Pinky: Mr. Window

Eyeko Lilac Polish for Lovely Nails as a base, with OPI What's With the Cattitude? for the window, American Apparel Manila for the window panes and windowsill, Sally Hansen Professional Lavender Cloud for the eyes and American Apparel Hassid for the eye pupils.

I topped off everything with two coats of Seche Vite top coat.

Mekka Lekka Hi-Mekka Hiney Ho!