I {♥} Red - not really but starting to!


OPI Merry Midnight is so beautiful when even looking at the bottle. The formula was a bit jelly but the end product came out nice. It took me 3 coats of Merry Midnight for this only because I tried to make it even since the first coat was uneven on my nails. I didn't know what else to add so I decided to add rhinestones. For my ring&thumb I did a "reverse tip" full of rhinestones.



-♥-

For this weekend, I especially did my nails to celebrate Valentine's Day & the Lunar New Year with red nails.
For this occasion I decided to do most of my nails with red tips and gold lining (except my middle fingers).

Used:
- Essie Protein Base Coat
- Essie Dramatic Drachmas
- Kiss Nail Art Gold Glitter
- Sinful Colors Paris
- White and Black nail art (because I don't have regular black and white lol)
- Seche Vite Quick Dry Top Coat

1. First after all the regular filing, buffing and cuticle oil procedure, I used my Essie Protein Base Coat to start.

2. After that dried I used Essie's Dramatic Drachmas (you can use any color you'd like) and swiped it on the ends of my nail to make the tip look. Don't worry if it's a little crooked because the gold lining will cover that up!

3. When the tip is dry, make your gold lining with a nail art brush.

4. I used Sinful Colors Paris to cover the red with little specks of gold glitter. It's not VERY noticeable from far away or if you hold your hands a little far but you could see it when you look closer at it. After it's dried, I sealed it with Seche Vite Quick Dry Top Coat. I recommend this top coat for those who are impatient like I am and it works very well & dries VERY quick! :)


5. For my middle finger, I used 2 layers of Essie Dramatic Drachmas on the whole nail since one of my nail broke and it's too short to have red tips.

6. After Dramatic Drachmas is dried, use the round flat end of a toothpick and dip it in black to make your minnie mouse.

7. Use another toothpick's round flat end and dip it in white to make the polka dots randomly around the nail and the minnie mouse.

8. Make sure your nail is dry before you put on the Seche Vite Quick Dry Top Coat because it may smear.


9. I used bows from 3D Rubber Nail Art Stickers on any nail that had the red and gold tips. I also then sealed it with top coat to make sure it stays. (: The picture has less because I used a lot of the bows already, lol. It's just an idea of what stickers if anyone's interested in finding some and purchasing the bows I have. (Another thing is that although the bows are white, I colored my bows black to match the minnie mouse.)


10. End product:


-♥-
I hope this tutorial will make it easier for people to create tips without going to a nail salon and pratice freehand tips.
Hope you enjoyed~
Katherine :)