That's Gonna Cause a Gummyache.



Ok, so today's nails are an homage to Fish. Not the cold, scaly, stinky kind, but the dude I work with, whose nickname is Fish. The plan today was to test his theory that he could eat a 5 lb gummy bear in one sitting. Unfortunately though, the company we work at caught wind and said 'No way Jose, not on OUR property!' So we went to Buffalo Wild Wings for lunch and he attempted the gastronomical feat there. The goal? See how much he could eat of it in a mere hour. Let me say, we were ALL impressed. He ate over 3 POUNDS of gummy bear in 1 hour. PLUS- the only reason he stopped is because we had to go back to work, he came back from lunch and promptly ate a sandwich. Seriously. In honor of what was to originally take place today, I painted gummy bears on my nails- even the best flavor - clear (pineapple) on the pinky nail, even though it is hard to make out what it is. :-P OVER 3 POUNDS! I feel nauseous just thinking about it. The thing was the size of a baby. No joke. Fish ate a baby.



I used OPI Alpine Snow Matte as a base, which chipped horribly within 2 hours. For the red bear, I used China Glaze Salsa, for the orange bear, Sally Hanson Hard As Nails Xtreme Wear in 06 Sun Kissed, for the yellow bear Urban Outfitters Yellow 1, for the green bear, OPI Green-wich Village, and for the clear bear, I used Maybelline Banana Puddin', which I can't find a link for, but I got mine from a lovely Aussie girl on Makeupalley.com. Everything was mixed with Sally Hansen All the White Stufffor the highlights. For the clear bear, I used Urban Outfitters Yellow 1 to distinguish the shapes on the bear (eyes, belly, etc). Topped everything off with 2 coats of Seche Vite top coat.

The maiden bite. He bit off his face because the bear was supposedly 'looking at him funny'.



After 3 lb. 3 oz was eaten.



And...because I found it amusing... the Spork, which isn't really a spork, but a Star Trek fork.



Eat Long and Prosper.

My teeth hurt.