Nailene French Tip Pen Kit


Hello everyone! Today I am reviewing the new French Tip Pen Kit from Nailene for you, Nailene was kind enough to send this to me for review so thank you Nailene*!

This kit comes with 4 items; French Tip Guides, Hard & Healthy French Manicure Base Color, an Acrylic Strong Topcoat, and a French Tip Pen in White. As you can see above I tried it out and I actually wore this mani to a big presentation I had to make. Now I was disappointed in this mani because it wasn't perfect; I didn't think that I had done a good job but everyone in the board room complimented me on my nails (these are mostly guys), I was so surprised! Now onto what I think about each product and the kit overall:


French Tip Guides - These worked relatively well, I didn't push down hard enough on the sticker and some of the polish got under it (you can kind of see it in the picture, the base color hides it well!); but I figured that out and that it is easier to use it if you start the polish at the sticker and then pull the polish down to the tip. These are available for purchase separtely from this kit.

French Manicure Base Color - This is a very light yellowish pinkish sheer color. I felt that it was a little streaky unless you do two coats, I felt like one coat wasn't enough and two coats was too much, but then again I do very thick coats of polish so that could be the problem. It works really well to tone down the starkness of the white tip and make it seem more natural.

French Tip Pen - This kit comes with the regular white pen. I found the pen to be a bit messy upon first application, but it is much less so after the first time you use it. I love the starkness of the color, and I will say that I don't think that this is polish, I think that it is more like acrylic paint. An explaination and a more through review on this product will come in the future! This can be purchased separately from the kit.

Acrylic Strong Topcoat - This topcoat is ok, if you are patient (unlike me) and allow it to dry properly it would work great, and it is very shiny! Sadly I need something that dries faster, so this didn't work for me. I kept smudging it. I am aware that there is a new formulation of this top coat; but I believe that this is the older version.

Overall - I think that this would be a great kit for beginners trying to do their own french tips. Doing french tips on yourself takes a lot of practice and some skill, and I feel like this kit is a great starting point. My  favorite product in the kit was definetely the french tip pen, and I will do a more in-depth review of this product since I received two of these in different colors in a week or so. I am also a big fan of the french tip stickers, they are very easy to use and fix if you place it wrong. They aren't fool-proof, but they are a great starting point, especially for someone like me who is terrible at doing designs on their dominant hand! These really help for the tips on both of my hands to match. If you are interested in this kit, you can find it at drugstores like Walgreen's or CVS.

*Yes, I was sent these products from Nailene for consideration of review. These are my honest opinions and experiences with the products. If you have concerns please see my disclosure policy in the tab bar.