Color Blocked



I've always been a fan of simple, clean design, whether it be on packaging, in ads, or in architecture. I love interesting combinations of colors, and their applications in everyday life. Today's nail art design is based off of a tile pattern that I saw in an elevator when I was watching TV the other day. In this manicure, I used some french tip guides I received for review from Nailene. Since I rarely (if ever) do a french manicure, in addition to reviewing them (in the next few days) in the regular application, I wanted to see how else I could utilize them. I decided to use an X-acto knife to cut each straight guide in half, creating thin strips of nail stickers. To achieve the manicure you see below, I used those strips to create a grid and then painted in between the lines. As you can see, some polish seeped underneath, but I'm guessing that was since they weren't meant to overlap, and they started lifting at the intersections. In any event, I'm still relatively pleased with out it turned out.


I used American Apparel Cotton as a base, with American Apparel MacArthur Park, American Apparel Trenchcoat, American Apparel Port, China Glaze Flyin' High, American Apparel Raccoon, and Essie Alligator Purse. Topped it all off with 2 coats of Seche Vite top coat.

Disclosure: Some products in this post were provided by the manufacturer for review.